Lawrence Ragan Communications Signs On As "For Immediate Release" Sponsor
Relationship Includes All FIR Podcasts, Cross-Promotion Of FIR On Ragan Properties
July 5, 2007
- The leading provider of corporate communications, public relations, and leadership development newsletters, workshops, seminars and conferences has entered into a long-term sponsorship relationship with the first communications-focused podcast.
- Under the agreement, "For Immediate Release" (FIR) podcasts will include audio spots produced by Lawrence Ragan Communications Inc., and a Ragan ad will appear on FIR web properties.
- Ragan will promote FIR through its web and print channels.
- While a host of communication-focused podcasts has been launched in the last 18 months, "The Hobson & Holtz Report" was the first of its kind, with its debut episode on January 3, 2005, a mere four months after podcasting first hit the scene in August 2004.
- The Ragan sponsorship will become a regular component of each of these FIR podcasts.
- The relationship exemplifies the way organizations and social media producers can tap into each other's strengths. FIR's nearly 1,600 worldwide listeners will be exposed to Ragan's offerings, while Ragan's community of tens of thousands of customers will discover the value of FIR's content.
- Neville Hobson and Shel Holtz are independent communications consultants, Hobson based in the UK and Holtz in California. They recently completed work on "How to Do Everything with Podcasting," published by Osborne/McGraw-Hill in June (companion website at www.everythingwithpodcasting.com).
Attributed to Mark Ragan, CEO, Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc:
- This was an easy decision for us. Shel has been a friend and colleague of Ragan for years. Whenever we need to know what's around the corner in our industry, we call Shel. Now our customers can get the same benefit, by listening to Shel and Neville's show.
- There are a lot of good podcasts out there. But if you work in communications and need to know what's really going on, FIR is the only one you have to listen to.
Please contact Jim Ylisela (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc, to arrange an interview and/or for additional quotes.
Attributed to Shel Holtz, co-presenter, For Immediate Release:
- FIR's content, our listeners' interests, and Ragan's products and services are exactly in synch. Everyone wins with this deal, but our listeners win the biggest. They'll get the benefit of expanded content and be exposed to a whole new resource for information that can help them in their day-to-day jobs.
Please contact Shel Holtz (email@example.com) to arrange an interview and/or for additional quotes.
Attributed to Neville Hobson, co-presenter, For Immediate Release:
- We expect Ragan's sponsorship of FIR will open the door to MyRagan for FIR listeners. If the mutually-beneficial experience with our existing Hobson & Holtz podcast sponsor - media monitoring service CustomScoop - is any indicator, we can expect a relationship to flourish between Ragan and our listeners.
Please contact Neville Hobson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange an interview and/or for additional quotes.
About For Immediate Release
"The Hobson & Holtz Report" was the first of a series of podcasts produced by communication veterans Neville Hobson and Shel Holtz under the umbrella of "For Immediate Release." Other FIR podcasts include FIR interviews, communications-related book reviews, and recordings of relevant speeches and panel discussions. "The Hobson and Holtz Report" and its presenters are widely respected among communication practitioners and others as a credible and influential information and professional development resource at the leading edge of social media, emerging technologies and organizational communication. The show's listenership is worldwide, predominantly in the USA, Canada, UK, continental Europe, China and Australia. FIR can be found at www.forimmediaterelease.biz.
About Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc
The Lawrence Ragan Communications brand includes over 16 targeted newsletters in the areas of employee communication, organizational writing and editing, sales and marketing, media relations and motivational management. In addition to its newsletter division, Ragan produces communications conferences, workshops, and senior-level forums throughout the United States. Ragan conferences draw more than 3,000 professionals annually and provide attendees with access to leading communicators, best practices and rich networking opportunities. Ragan Consulting provides customized training, strategic planning and a range of other services to clients worldwide. Ragan Communications is on the web at www.ragan.com.
For Immediate Release:
Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc:
- Download / Photo: Mark Ragan, CEO, Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc (JPG, 171kb).
- Download / Photo: Shel Holtz, co-presenter, For Immediate Release (JPG, 14.7Kb).
- Download / Photo: Neville Hobson, co-presenter, For Immediate Release (JPG, 19.5Kb).
- Web page: traditional press release: From PRWeb
- Download: PDF file, traditional press release
- Add press release to your del.icio.us account: http://del.icio.us/post?http://www.forimmediaterelease.biz/index.php?/weblog/ragan
- Digg the press release: http://www.digg.com/submit?http://www.forimmediaterelease.biz/index.php?/weblog/ragan
- Technorati Tags: For Immediate Release, Hobson & Holtz Report, Neville Hobson, Shel Holtz, Mark Ragan, Ragan