Saturday, April 26, 2014
AMP Up Your Social Media #23: How to Personalize Your Social Media Channels with Jason Mollica
Jason Mollica is the president of JRMComm, a public relations and marketing consultancy. He got his start in the business in radio and television when he helped launch Fox News Radio. He recently joined AMP UP Your Social Media’s host Glenn Gaudet to discuss how JRMComm guides clients to engage in their social media efforts.
Conversation on social media should be a two-way street. Make your audience feel like they are part of your brand or part of your product.
Jason shares tips on how to personalize your social media channels:
- Start at your website make sure that you have identified who you are trying to reach and your website is appealing to that audience. Make sure your photos are crisp, you content is clean, and your design is fresh. All of your social links back to your website, so in a sense, it’s the hub of your social.
- Mix up your social content. Make sure you are posting conversational value add content that is not salesy.
- When posting content about your brand, make people believe in what you’re doing. Don’t talk just about your company and your services or products, create a discussion around company culture. Maybe an employee spends her time helping on her lunch break at a food pantry, or maybe she volunteers at a cancer clinic because cancer has played a large role in her home life. Show your brand’s personalities.
Get this podcast:
- Download this episode (10.0Mb, 21:30)
- Subscribe to the FIR Presents AMP Up Your Social Media RSS feed
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device - iPhone | Android | Windows
Tweet about the show using #AUYSM or Tweet at us @AMPUpSocial. AMP Up Your Social Media is a proud member of the FIR Podcast Network.
Check the FIR website for information about other FIR podcasts. To receive all podcasts in the FIR Podcast Network, subscribe to the “everything” RSS feed.
AMP UP Your Social Media is sponsored by:
- GaggleAMP - Empower your employees, partners and resellers to amplify your social media.
- SafeLinks - Know when your links on social media messages fail before you lose out on the people clicking on them.
The FIR Podcast Network is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years. Information: http://www.ragan.com