Sunday, January 26, 2014
FIR B2B Episode 1 with Paul Gillin and Allan Schoenberg
Paul Gillin and Allan Schoenberg introduce the FIR B2B podcast. Discussion topics in this show:
1. B2B and B2C marketing are different in important ways . That’s why different tactics and tools are needed in each market. We discuss six major differences between B2B and B2C markets and why they influence social media strategy.
2. Recent McKinsey research indicates business leader should be taking the lead in social media adoption in their companies. However, only a minority of CEOs are even using social media. Is it time for them to get on the stick?
3. The UK marketing agency Earnest produced a great collection of facts and figures about B2B marketing at the end of 2013. We look at several highlights, including data that suggests that traditional marketing still works best.
5. A nice roundup of clever and innovative B2B promotions highlighted in Advertising Age prove that B2B marketing doesn’t have to be boring.
Get this Podcast:
- Download the MP3 file (29.7Mb, 32:27)
- Subscribe to the FIR B2B RSS feed
- Get the show at iTunes
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device - iPhone | Android | Windows
About Your Hosts
Paul Gillin is a veteran technology journalist and a thought leader in new media. Since 2005, he has advised marketers and business executives on strategies to optimize their use of social media and online channels to reach buyers cost-effectively. He is a popular speaker who is known for his ability to simplify complex concepts using plain talk, anecdotes and humor. He is the co-author of Social Marketing to the Business Customer (2011), the first book devoted entirely to B2B social media marketing.
- Connect with Paul on Twitter: @pgillin
Allan Schoenberg is based in London and responsible for managing the international media relations, issues management and brand communications for CME Group, the world’s leading and most diverse financial marketplace. He was instrumental in launching the company’s social media activity in 2007 and continues to lead its social strategy and online community engagement. He has more than 20 years of experience in B2B communications, including his work for Accenture, Edelman Worldwide and Fleishman Hillard.
- Connect with Allan on Twitter: @allanschoenberg
Share your comments or questions about this podcast, or suggestions for future podcasts, in the online FIR Podcast Community on Google+.
FIR B2B is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications,serving communicators worldwide for 35 years. Information: www.ragan.com.