Friday, May 30, 2014
Content Marketing with Brittany Berger
Brittany Berger is the Digital Content Supervisor in the PR and Marketing department for eZanga.com., a search engine specializing in online advertising and services. They offer local, regional, and national advertising campaigns focused on generating a high ROI. Brittany recently joined AMP Up Your Social Media’s host Glenn Gaudet to discuss tips for content marketing.
“Take different approaches to sharing content. You’ll get more success if you take a unique approach such as a quote from the content with a link rather than just the content’s title and a link.
Brittany offers tips to help you decide on content topics, structures and styles:
- Choose Topics. When you are deciding on topics for your content consider who your audience is, what your brand stands for, what platform you are posting on, your own expertise (or the expertise of the person you are interviewing), and what your competitors are talking about.
- Vary the posts. It is important to vary the style of your posts: Infographics, bullet style posts, articles, etc. Brittany explained that she determines what day she does each style based on how busy her schedule is. She explained that she can write a bullet style post in much less time than she can write a paragraph style post, yet still contain the same basic information. On her busy days she writes quick posts, and on days she has less on her plate she writes more detailed articles.
- Get sales involved in creating content and about your industry niche. Getting sales to produce content is likely near impossible, but you can still use them as an information hub! Interview your sales team to get the content: What questions are they hearing from customers? What are hot topics among consumers? What new products/services are you offering?
About Brittany Berger
Brittany is a 2012 graduate of the University of Delaware with a B.A. in Mass Communication and minors in Interactive Media and English. Through my classes, I’ve learned how digital and social media have changed our world and methods of communication. Brittany is the Digital Content Supervisor for eZanga.com. She believes that social media can be the answer to most questions in life (especially “How do you spend your free time?”).
She has seen and experienced first hand how Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, and more can help both individuals and brands with any problems they may have. She’s dedicated her career to making sure social media can help as many people and businesses as possible. She’s also discovered a love for email marketing and the inbound marketing methodology.
Get this podcast:
- Download this episode (5.07Mb, 21:49)
- Subscribe to the FIR Presents AMP Up Your Social Media RSS feed
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device - iPhone | Android | Windows
Tweet about the show using #AUYSM or Tweet at us @AMPUpSocial. AMP Up Your Social Media is a proud member of the FIR Podcast Network.
Share your comments or questions about this podcast, or suggestions for future podcasts, in the online FIR Podcast Community on Google+.
Check the FIR website for information about other FIR podcasts. To receive all podcasts in the FIR Podcast Network, subscribe to the “everything” RSS feed.
AMP UP Your Social Media is sponsored by:
- GaggleAMP - Empower your employees, partners and resellers to amplify your social media.
- SafeLinks - Know when your links on social media messages fail before you lose out on the people clicking on them.
The FIR Podcast Network is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years. Information: http://www.ragan.com