FIR on Higher Education #9: Interview with Gini Dietrich on Building Community
Gini Dietrich, CEO of Arment Dietrich and author of Spin Sucks, has just made FIR history! Gini has appeared as a guest on two different shows within the FIR podcast network in one month, providing great insights to two separate audiences.
Earlier this month, Martin Waxman and Joe Thornley interviewed Gini about her new book Spin Sucks on the Inside PR podcast (a show which Gini co-hosts). In the most recent episode of For Immediate Release on Higher Education, Gini shares tips and tactics for individuals within academia. She outlines:
- How professors can mobilize ambassadors to help promote their new books and how marketers / communicators can support the process.
- How to build community on blogs (whether as an individual academic or a marketer / communicator representing a school brand).
- How to deal - and prevent - crisis communications scenarios (such as the case of a University of Wisconsin professor whose political opinions in an assignment email to students spiraled into a controversy).
- And more!
In our reports section, I talk about visual communications within higher education, while technology correspondent Harry Hawk analyzes how YouTube is impacting youth culture and how that might influence college life.
About Gini Dietrich
Gini Dietrich is the founder and CEO of Arment Dietrich, a Chicago-based integrated marketing communication firm. She also is the founder of the professional development site for PR and marketing pros, Spin Sucks Pro, co-author of Marketing In the Round, and author of the new book Spin Sucks. Gini is a speaker, co-hosts the Inside PR podcast and can be found writing at Crain’s Chicago Business and in various PR and marketing blogs and publications. Learn more at the Spin Sucks blog.
Get this Podcast:
- Download the MP3 file (34.1 Mb, 35:25)
- Subscribe to “FIR on Higher Education with Kevin Anselmo RSS feed
- Get the show at iTunes
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device - iPhone | Android | Windows
About Your Host
Kevin Anselmo is the Founder and Principal of Experiential Communications, a consultancy focused on education. He helps brands within academia - whether individual or corporate - communicate with stakeholders. He also teaches communications and public relations workshops to different individuals and groups.
Previously, Kevin was Director of Public Relations for Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and prior to that managed the media relations for IMD Business School in Switzerland. In addition, he was an adjunct communications professor at Nyack College in New York.
Currently based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Kevin lived and worked in Switzerland for eight years and in Germany for two years. He has led public relations initiatives in various countries around the world.
Find Kevin on Twitter: @kevinanselmo.
Share your comments or questions about this podcast, or suggestions for future podcasts, in the online FIR Podcast Community on Google+.
FIR on Higher Education is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years. Information: www.ragan.com.