FIR Interview: PRSA Chairman and CEO Gerard Corbett on the Senate inquiry into PR spending
FIR co-host Shel Holtz interviews Gerard Corbett, Chairman and CEO of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) about the association’s advocacy effort that was launched after the announcement that a U.S. Senate committee would investigate government spending on public relations.
- Roll Call article about the investigation: “Senators Will Investigate How Tax Money Is Used for Administration Spin”
- Gerry Corbett’s opinion piece published in Roll Call
- PRSA President William Murray’s opinion piece published on the blog of the Institute of Public Relations
Get this podcast:
- Download the MP3 file (9.31Mb, 23:11)
- Get the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the FIR Interviews RSS feed
- Get the FIR app for your iPhone and for your Android device (visit the Android Market from your device)
About our Conversation Partner
Gerry Corbett is Chair and CEO of strategic communications consulting firm Redphlag LLC and Chair and CEO of the 32,000 member Public Relations Society of America.
Gerry is an experienced and versatile branding, marketing, public relations and communications executive and coach having served four decades in senior marketing and communications roles at Global Fortune 100 firms and earlier in his career in aerospace engineering and information technology with Silicon Valley firms and NASA. He has effectively and deftly managed a range of communications, marketing and customer service functions in order to advance corporate culture, enhance brand understanding and trust, and enable organization harmony and effectiveness.
Connect with Gerard on Twitter: @gerardcorbett.
To receive all For Immediate Release podcasts including the weekly Hobson & Holtz Report, subscribe to the full RSS feed.
This FIR Interview is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years. Information: www.ragan.com.
Previous entry: FIR Book Review: For Immediate Release, by Ronn Torossian