AMP UP Your Social Media #24: Comparing Social Media Platform Benefits with Stephanie Frasco
Stephanie Frasco is the owner and social media consultant for ConvertWithContent.com, which focuses on social media and blogging consulting and management. Stephanie recently joined AMP UP Your Social Media’s host Glenn Gaudet to discuss how she helps lead her clients to social media success and different social media platforms and the benefits of each:
Be listening on Twitter for people talking about your brand and your business and engaging with them. It’s very effective and you’ll be surprised how to see many people will respond back and start following you, and maybe even increase your sales.
Stephanie details what social platforms she suggests for which type of business. She looks at each business individually and does a social media audit to see what’s happening currently around their business, industry or brand. She looks at the business’s audience and where they are already and what conversations are being had. Consider doing the same for your business. Here are a few guidelines that Stephanie suggests going by to see if your business is on the right social networks for your social media marketing goals:
To get the most bang for your buck:
- Facebook: If you have no fans, it’s going to take a while to be successful on Facebook, given the new guidelines and decrease in organic reach. There are a ton of people on Facebook everyday, so it is definitely worth being there, but just know it is going to take time.
- Pinterest: Suggested for e-commerce sites. One of the best ways to drive sales from social sales.
- LinkedIn: For B2Bs must be on linked in for a personal and a business standpoint.
- Twitter: For outreach of any kind or for targeted leads.You can search for conversations around your brand or industry and bring those people into your own conversations and drive them to your site. Twitter is also a great tool for customer service.
- Google+: Great for its SEO benefits. Google+ recently launched promoted posts for those with 1000 circles/followers. These promoted posts are linked to your GoogleAd Words account and your Google display network. Build up your circles so that you can take part in this effective promotion tool.
If you are spending all this time building this community, but they aren’t buying anything, you’re wasting your time. Make sure to be using a conversion tool so that you can your ROI. Stephanie uses InfusionSoft for tracking leads, to see who comes to her website and where they came from. She can even see how much each person spends on each network.
About Stephanie Frasco
Stephanie Frasco, VP of Social Media Marketing at ConvertWithContent.com, started helping businesses get results with social networks before Twitter even existed! Stephanie has worked directly with high profile clients like Oprah, Atlantic Records, Dashlane, The International Culinary Center, & many more. She specializes in helping business owners and marketers find massive ROI by developing targeted social campaigns focused on *engagement strategies* that work!
Download her engagement ebook here: www.convertwithcontent.com/socialreport
Get this podcast:
- Download this episode (9.84Mb, 21:01)
- Subscribe to the FIR Presents AMP Up Your Social Media RSS feed
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device - iPhone | Android | Windows
Tweet about the show using #AUYSM or Tweet at us @AMPUpSocial. AMP Up Your Social Media is a proud member of the FIR Podcast Network.
Share your comments or questions about this podcast, or suggestions for future podcasts, in the online FIR Podcast Community on Google+.
Check the FIR website for information about other FIR podcasts. To receive all podcasts in the FIR Podcast Network, subscribe to the “everything” RSS feed.
AMP UP Your Social Media is sponsored by:
- GaggleAMP - Empower your employees, partners and resellers to amplify your social media.
- SafeLinks - Know when your links on social media messages fail before you lose out on the people clicking on them.
The FIR Podcast Network is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years. Information: http://www.ragan.com