FIR listener Contests.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Win a free ticket to Somesso London 09
Rather than act as a ‘101 guide’ for using various social media platforms, Somesso aims to answer the questions posed by the evolution of today’s communication channels, bridging the gap between corporate culture and the ‘web 2.0 society’, showcasing strategies to bring the corporate community closer to the conversations within their markets in ways that directly benefit your business.
This FIR Listener Contest is made possible thanks to Somesso CEO Arjen Strijker.
What is the Contest?
It’s simple: imagine you’re in a meeting with your CEO or other senior executive, and she asks you three questions about your organization and social media:
- How can you help make this organization “social media savvy”?
- Where would you start?
- What kind of tools and strategy would you implement?
Listen to Arjen describe Somesso London 09 and the contest in more detail: download the MP3 file (3Mb, 6:29) or listen right now with the Flash player.
If you need some additional inspiration, check out everything on the Somesso website.
Contest Rules and How To Enter
- There is no entry cost to the contest. In other words, it’s free to enter.
- You don’t have to blog about it or mention it anywhere (but we’d be thrilled if you do).
- The contest is open to entries until Friday May 8, 2009, at 5:00pm GMT.
- The method you use to answer the three questions is up to you: text, video or audio.
- Whatever method you do use, publish your entry online and email the link to us at fircomments [at] gmail [dot] com with ‘Somesso London entry’ as the subject line. Do not send us your entry, just a link to where it is online.
- In your email with a link to your published entry, please provide your name, your email address and your location (country and city). You can also submit any other information you’d like to tell us, eg, your Twitter ID, but it’s not required to enter.
- The winner will be announced in the FIR episode on Monday May 11, 2009.
- We will not use any personal information in your email for any purpose other than related to this contest. And no one other than the judges (Neville Hobson, Shel Holtz and Arjen Strijker) will see it.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prizes and the contest winner is responsible for his or her own costs of travel, accommodation, etc, as well as any necessary permissions, eg, visas.
- By entering this contest, you acknowledge that you own or have permission to make use of the intellectual property upon whihc you base your entry. You also give us the right to make use of your entry in any way we decide in connection with the FIR podcast series, and include the winning entry in the Somesso website as determined by Arjen Strijker. We are more than happy to exercise any right under a Creative Commons license.
- This contest is void where prohibited by law. Contest entrants are responsible for determining their eligibility to enter.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into about any entry.
But that’s not all – if you don’t wish to enter this FIR Listener Contest, you can instead purchase a ticket at a 20 percent discount by using this special link to the booking form that contains an FIR discount code.