Monday, March 14, 2011
FIR Cut - Facebook’s comment utility: a force for good or evil?
Cut from episode 590: Not everybody thinks the Facebook utility that lets blogs and other websites leverage the social network’s comments is a good idea.
- Troll, reveal thyself (in support of Facebook’s comment utility, from Slate)
- The Facebook empire ends here, (opposition from Geoff Livingston)
Monday, February 28, 2011
FIR Cut - Childish PR practices; the end of email
- Cut from episode 588: A PR rep unfollows a journalist because of critical stories.
- European company will ban internal use of email by 2014 (free FT registration required)
Monday, January 03, 2011
FIR Cut - Travel and Twitter
- Cut from episode 580: Airlines and politicians make good use of Twitter during the holiday travel nightmare affecting the U.S. East Coast.
Monday, November 29, 2010
FIR Cut: Smartphones to ring up 28% of holiday shopping
- Cut from episode 575: Information Week articleexplores the role smartphones will play in 2010 holiday shopping
Monday, November 22, 2010
FIR Cut: Are video games the future of journalism?
- Cut from episode 574: New Scientist article proposes the story-telling mechanism of video games could be a means of presenting journalism.
Monday, August 02, 2010
FIR Cut: Facetime opens door to iPhone porn
- NYDailyNews.com: iPhone 4’s ‘Facetime’ video chat leads to porn-anigans: adult industry sneaks sex talk past Apple
- Wired.com: Porn Industry Aroused by iPhone FaceTime
Monday, July 19, 2010
FIR Cut: BBC tests tracking real-time Twitter trends with Zeitgeist tool
- Journalism.co.uk: BBC tests tracking real-time Twitter trends with Zeitgeist tool
- BBC R&D Blog: Zeitgeist - the most shared BBC links on Twitter