Monday, August 01, 2011
FIR Cut: Crowdsourcing The Big Mac Index
- The Economist: Fast food for thought: What do hamburgers, lipstick and men’s underwear have in common? The joys of quirky economic indicators
- The Economist: The Big Mac index: Currency comparisons, to go
Monday, March 14, 2011
FIR Cut - That Chrysler tweet
Cut from episode 590: Chrysler’s reaction—or overreaction—to an errant tweet from a staffer at the company’s social media agency sparks ridicule.
FIR Cut - Facebook’s comment utility: a force for good or evil?
Cut from episode 590: Not everybody thinks the Facebook utility that lets blogs and other websites leverage the social network’s comments is a good idea.
- Troll, reveal thyself (in support of Facebook’s comment utility, from Slate)
- The Facebook empire ends here, (opposition from Geoff Livingston)
Monday, February 28, 2011
FIR Cut - Childish PR practices; the end of email
- Cut from episode 588: A PR rep unfollows a journalist because of critical stories.
- European company will ban internal use of email by 2014 (free FT registration required)
Monday, January 03, 2011
FIR Cut - Travel and Twitter
- Cut from episode 580: Airlines and politicians make good use of Twitter during the holiday travel nightmare affecting the U.S. East Coast.
Monday, November 29, 2010
FIR Cut: Smartphones to ring up 28% of holiday shopping
- Cut from episode 575: Information Week articleexplores the role smartphones will play in 2010 holiday shopping
Monday, November 22, 2010
FIR Cut: Are video games the future of journalism?
- Cut from episode 574: New Scientist article proposes the story-telling mechanism of video games could be a means of presenting journalism.