Monday, April 29, 2013
FIR Cut: Developing global consensus for the PR profession
- NevilleHobson.com: What do Barcelona, Melbourne and Stockholm mean to PRs?
- Global Alliance: The World Public Relations Forum: Melbourne’s Mandate for PR
- Barcelona Declaration of Measurement Principles
- The Melbourne Mandate
- Stockholm Accords
Monday, December 24, 2012
FIR Cut: Starbucks Twitter hashtag hijacked by critics
- Mashable: Starbucks Twitter Hashtag Campaign Becomes Forum for Brand-Bashing
- Telegraph: Starbucks Twitter campaign hijacked by tax protests
- Twitter: #SpreadTheCheer
Monday, December 05, 2011
FIR Cut: Lawsuit could end medical gags against bad online reviews
- Vitals on msnbc.com: Toothache lawsuit may stifle medical gag orders against online rants
Monday, September 12, 2011
FIR Cut - Choosing the right social platform for reaching the media
Cut from FIR #616:
- Online Journalism Review: Which social media tool is the right one for PR professionals?
Monday, August 01, 2011
FIR Cut: Crowdsourcing The Big Mac Index
- The Economist: Fast food for thought: What do hamburgers, lipstick and men’s underwear have in common? The joys of quirky economic indicators
- The Economist: The Big Mac index: Currency comparisons, to go
Monday, March 14, 2011
FIR Cut - That Chrysler tweet
Cut from episode 590: Chrysler’s reaction—or overreaction—to an errant tweet from a staffer at the company’s social media agency sparks ridicule.
FIR Cut - Facebook’s comment utility: a force for good or evil?
Cut from episode 590: Not everybody thinks the Facebook utility that lets blogs and other websites leverage the social network’s comments is a good idea.
- Troll, reveal thyself (in support of Facebook’s comment utility, from Slate)
- The Facebook empire ends here, (opposition from Geoff Livingston)