Monday, March 17, 2014
Gina Joseph on AMP UP Your Social Media
Gina Joseph is the Digital Engagement Manager for Cision, a PR Software Marketing Solutions company. Gina focuses on content creation, email marketing and engaging with clients. Gina recently joined AMP Up Your Social Media’s host Glenn Gaudet to discuss the importance of content in social media marketing.
“If you are trying to kickstart your social media, do a lot of reading! I love RSS feeds! Look to see what is new and happening so you can share that content.”
Gina offers a few “tricks” for content creation:
- Meet regularly with your marketing and sales teams to have brainstorm sessions to decide on relevant content. Review questions and trends from your customers to create valuable content pieces.
- Create evergreen content (Q&As, Tip Sheets, etc.) that you can repurpose and repost.
- After you have your content, decide what the best avenues for sharing them are. Facebook? Twitter? Pinterest? Email? Who are you trying to reach and what would be most impactful?
- Rather than just reposting content from last season, refresh it with up-to-date trends or new tips and tricks.
About Gina Joseph
Gina has a background rooted in the media and communications fields, including writing, marketing and public relations. In the past three years she has developed her skills in social media, and now uses social media platforms to engage with media professionals and to promote Cision. She uses social media tools to monitor customer inquiries, appreciation, complaints, and sales leads. She is constantly learning about new platforms and ways to connect digitally.
Get this podcast:
- Download this episode (26.6Mb, 22:34)
- Subscribe to the FIR Presents AMP Up Your Social Media RSS feed
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device - iPhone | Android | Windows
Tweet about the show using #AUYSM or Tweet at us @AMPUpSocial. AMP Up Your Social Media is a proud member of the FIR Podcast Network.
Share your comments or questions about this podcast, or suggestions for future podcasts, in the online FIR Podcast Community on Google+.
Check the FIR website for information about other FIR podcasts. To receive all podcasts in the FIR Podcast Network, subscribe to the “everything” RSS feed.
AMP UP Your Social Media is sponsored by:
- GaggleAMP - Empower your employees, partners and resellers to amplify your social media.
- SafeLinks - Know when your links on social media messages fail before you lose out on the people clicking on them.
The FIR Podcast Network is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years. Information: http://www.ragan.com