Tuesday, April 08, 2014
Thought Leadership with Mitchell Levy and Michael Procopio, Episode 17: Apr 8, 2014
In this episode, Mitchell and Michael hang out with two thought leaders – Bonnie Harvey and Michael Houlihan, the couple behind the success of Barefoot Wine brand. Michael and Bonnie share their journey from being struggling entrepreneurs in the ‘80s to consulting for Fortune 500s and start-ups, and giving inspiration to thousands of university students. Their story is replete with valuable lessons that they dutifully documented in a book entitled: “The Barefoot Spirit: How Hardship, Hustle, and Heart Built America’s #1 Wine Brand” (http://www.amazon.com/The-Barefoot-Spirit-Hardship-Americas/dp/0988224542). In talking about their success, Michael and Bonnie highlight their partnership and how the strengths and qualities of one complement the other.
More about Michael and Bonnie at http://www.barefootwinefounders.com/
Some tweetable moments from the show:
- A #thoughtleader steps out and does the extraordinary by creating a different way to do something. #TLL @TheBrandAuth
- Create advocates by giving them a social reason, not a mercantile reason, to buy your products. #TLL @TheBrandAuth
- Today, buyers are not just looking at the benefits of the product, but on how the company does their business. #TLL @TheBrandAuth
Join us 11 am PT / 2 pm ET / 7 pm GMT on Saturday every week. The show blog is Thought Leader Life.
Any comments or suggestions for the show please send them. Thank you for listening and if you like what you hear, please leave a review on iTunes!
This episode was sponsored, in part, by THiNKaha.com, helping experts become thought leaders.
You can connect with Mitchell at MitchellLevy.com, @HappyAbout on Twitter, or join his Thought Leadership Best Practices Group on LinkedIn; and with Michael at MProcopio.com, on Twitter:@MichaelProcopio; or LinkedIn: LinkedIn.com/in/MichaelProcopio.
Get this podcast:
- Download the MP3 file (15.3MB, 31:27)
- Get the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the FIR presents Thought Leadership with Mitchell Levy and Michael Procopio RSS feed
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device - iPhone | Android | Windows
- This show is recorded as a Google+ Hangout on Air, watch it on YouTube
Share your comments or questions about this podcast, or suggestions for future podcasts, in the online FIR Podcast Community on Google+.
FIR presents Thought Leadership with Mitchell and Michael is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years. Information: www.ragan.com.