Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Thought Leader Life with Mitchell Levy, Episode 66: April 28, 2015
Our co-host for the month of March is Jim Canfield (@jimcanfield) and one of our guests for March was (@Ken_Hazen).
In this episode, Mitchell Levy and his co-host for the month of March, Jim Canfield,share insights with #ThoughtLeader Ken Hazen, CEO of CTSI Global. As a long-time member of Renaissance Executive Forums, Ken says it’s important to have people whom you can talk with, especially those who have been in the same tough situations as you have. Given that CEOs are personally invested in the organization, taking care of the employees, as well as their families, becomes a commitment. Ken highlights the importance offorums like Renaissance, noting that the friendships he has made in it are still strong after 15 years. Mitchell adds that the best part about forum groups is that you can ask people you like, trust, and respect about what they think, and they are not afraid to tell you when you’re wrong. One advice Ken shareswith other CEOs is to trust your peer groups more than your lawyer, because peers are not paid to keep a secret. Jim also notes that in forum groups, you’re not there to hear what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.
The discussion also touched on other interesting topics, including hiring millennials, utilizing social media for business, and how to be successful in striking work-life balance. Ken notes that the most important quality for top executives is listening.The opendoor policy still works if you want your business to be successful.
To learn more about Thought Leadership and how it can help you be successful, subscribe to the channel: http://youtube.com/user/thoughtleaderlife.
Here are a couple of aha moments from the episode. See more in the “Aha Moments from Thought Leader Life”eBooks available in the social media-enabled eBook platform, Aha Amplifier: http://AhaAmplifier.com/.
• Sometimes, CEOs just need a sanity check. You got to be able to talk to somebody who’s been in the same situation. @CTSIGlobal #TLL
• To stay on top of business today, have a lot of smart people working for you. Hire the best & the brightest. @CTSIGlobal
• We are all allotted the same number of hours, so we all have to make choices on how to allocate them. @jimcanfield #TLL
• The best thing in CEO forums is that when you ask, “What do you think,” they don’t mind telling you you’re wrong. @happyabout #TLL
Join us 11 am PT / 2 pm ET / 7 pm GMT on Saturday every week. The show blog is Thought Leader Life.
Any comments or suggestions for the show please send them. Thank you for listening and if you like what you hear, please leave a review on iTunes!
This episode was sponsored, in part, by THiNKaha.com, helping experts become thought leaders.
Get this podcast:
- Download the MP3 file (15.3MB, 32:11)
- Get the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the FIR presents Thought Leader Life with Mitchell Levy RSS feed
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device - iPhone | Android | Windows
- This show is recorded as a Google+ Hangout on Air, watch it on YouTube
Share your comments or questions about this podcast, or suggestions for future podcasts, in the online FIR Podcast Community on Google+.
FIR presents Thought Leaders Life with Mitchell Levy is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years. Information: www.ragan.com.