Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Thought Leader Life with Mitchell Levy, Episode 64: April 14, 2015
Our co-host for the month of March is Jim Canfield (@jimcanfield) and one of our guests for March was Melissa Burkhart (@FuturoSolidoUSA).
In this episode, Mitchell Levy, together with Renaissance Executive Forums CEO Jim Canfield as co-host for the month of March, talks with Melissa Burkhart on various topics that C-suite executives love to discuss. As the president of FuturoSolido, Melissa provides insights on how many top executives find it lonely at the top. She describes how being a member of a group like Renaissance Executive Forums has given her support and encouragement as the owner of her company. Jim notes that the benefits of being a member of forum groups extend beyond reciprocity (or exchanging referrals) to receiving the help of people whom you trust and look up to. It provides opportunities for getting fresh ideas and perspectives from people who are the top executives of their own organization.
As a forum group for executives, Renaissance Executive Forums helps develop companies to become successful,enabling leaders to achieve goals. Melissa calls it a place where advice and feedback are brought to the table with absolutely good intentions. Members have a sincere desire for everyone in the forum to be successful. And because members of the forum group come from multiple fields of expertise, you hear different perspectives from people with varied backgrounds.
To learn more about Thought Leadership and how it can help you be successful, subscribe to the channel: http://youtube.com/user/thoughtleaderlife.
Here are a couple of aha moments from the episode. See more in the “Aha Moments from Thought Leader Life”eBooks available in the social media-enabled eBook platform, Aha Amplifier: http://AhaAmplifier.com/.
• “It’s lonely at the top” may sound 1950s, but it’s really true. @jimcanfield#TLL
• There’s no way to describe or quantify the value of knowing there’s a support group to help you out. @FuturoSolidoUSA #TLL
• Proactive change means setting a new direction for the org, from where it is today to where youwould like it to be in the future. @jimcanfield #TLL
• It gives a communal feeling to have an “advisory board” that cares about you & gives relevant answers. @happyabout #TLL
Join us 11 am PT / 2 pm ET / 7 pm GMT on Saturday every week. The show blog is Thought Leader Life.
Any comments or suggestions for the show please send them. Thank you for listening and if you like what you hear, please leave a review on iTunes!
This episode was sponsored, in part, by THiNKaha.com, helping experts become thought leaders.
Get this podcast:
- Download the MP3 file (15.3MB, 32:11)
- Get the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the FIR presents Thought Leader Life with Mitchell Levy RSS feed
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device - iPhone | Android | Windows
- This show is recorded as a Google+ Hangout on Air, watch it on YouTube
Share your comments or questions about this podcast, or suggestions for future podcasts, in the online FIR Podcast Community on Google+.
FIR presents Thought Leaders Life with Mitchell Levy is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years. Information: www.ragan.com.