Thursday, December 18, 2014
FIR Presents AMP Up Your Social Media #42: The Significance of Content Marketing and Strategy
Brad Young is a global content strategy leader for Dun and Bradstreet, leading the creation, curation, and editorial coordination of world-class, modern content and content experiences for customers, sales teams, partners, alliances and influencers. He also has 17 years of content and marketing experience, making him a leader in content strategy marketing! Brad recently joined AMP UP Your Social Media’s host Glenn Gaudet to discuss the significance of content marketing and strategy.
“Be absolutely relentless in asking yourself ‘Who is this for?’ and ‘What’s the value?’”
Brad discusses tips for content marketing and strategy:
- Become a powerful storyteller. When you have the mentality, metabolism, and mindset, you have an incredible opportunity to reach the most people in an engaging, revenue-driving way.
- Use modern technology. Your story is only as good as who it reaches. Don’t be afraid of utilizing modern technology and social media to get your content into the hands of the most people possible.
- Use data to advance relationships. Your raw data can have stories built around them, and use this data to move your company forward.
- Content marketing needs to be useful. Don’t make it all about you! Your content should be designed around the lifestyle of your target audience, and you don’t have to be promotional to sell your product.
- Story first, media second. Mine your content for all it’s worth, and create content calendars to drive your story forward. It may be appropriate in some instances to outsource your videos to other companies so you can focus on your story!
About Brad Young
Brad is married to a wonderful wife and is the father of two daughters. He’s a positive thinker and progressive leader with a degree in journalism from Penn State University. He currently calls New Jersey home and roots for the Phillies in baseball and, of course, Penn State in football!
Get this podcast:
- Download this episode (10.5Mb, 22:28)
- Subscribe to the FIR Presents AMP Up Your Social Media RSS feed
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device - iPhone | Android | Windows
Tweet about the show using #AUYSM or Tweet at us @AMPUpSocial. AMP Up Your Social Media is a proud member of the FIR Podcast Network.
Share your comments or questions about this podcast, or suggestions for future podcasts, in the online FIR Podcast Community on Google+.
Check the FIR website for information about other FIR podcasts. To receive all podcasts in the FIR Podcast Network, subscribe to the “everything” RSS feed.
AMP UP Your Social Media is sponsored by:
- GaggleAMP - Empower your employees, partners and resellers to amplify your social media.
- SafeLinks - Know when your links on social media messages fail before you lose out on the people clicking on them.
The FIR Podcast Network is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide.