Thursday, August 14, 2014
FIR Live: Language Translation for Communicators
Photo: (c) CanStockLanguage translation has bedeviled communications and PR practitioners forever, but the rise of digital media has complicated the situation in a number of ways. The requirements for producing content right now have led to a need for almost instantaneous translation while access to the Internet has introduced languages spoken in regions that weren’t previously participants in the economy.
Joining FIR co-host Shel Holtz are…
- Renato Beninatto, chief marketing officer for language translation company Moravia. He is the co-founder of the first market research company focusing on language services. He was president and currently serves as an adviser to the European Language Industry Association is is a board member of Translators without Borders.
- Iris Orriss, head of localization for Facebook, is also a board member at Translators without Borders. Formerly director of the business platform division international team at Microsoft, she brings more than a decade of localization-related engineering and managerial experience to her work.
- Sherrilynne Starkie, VP Content Marketing and Social Media, Thornley Fallis Communications (Ottawa office)
You can download the MP4 for local viewing here.
- Download the MP3 file (23.6Mb, 58:32)
- Subscribe to the Hobson and Holtz Report RSS feed
- Get the show at iTunes
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device - Android | iPhone | Windows Phone | Windows 8 and 8.1
Messages from our sponsors: FIR is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide for 35 years, www.ragan.com; Save time with the CustomScoop online clipping service: sign up for your free two-week trial, at www.customscoop.com/fir; Igloo Software, providers of an intranet you’ll actually like, delivered securely with our cloud platform: learn more at http://www.igloosoftware.com/fir.
Share your comments or questions about this podcast, or suggestions for future podcasts, in the online FIR Podcast Community on Google+.