Thursday, November 20, 2014
AMP Up Your Social Media #40: Social Media Marketing and Reputation Management with Dustin DeTorres
Dustin DeTorres is the cofounder of Market Loyal in Orlando, FL. Their focus is reputation management, mobile marketing, content marketing, and his team focuses on strategy and design. He has 12 years of experience working with small- to medium-size business owners across the country! Dustin recently joined AMP UP Your Social Media’s host Glenn Gaudet to discuss social media marketing and reputation management.
“There’s really no excuse for a business to not be aware [of your reviews]. Be aware of what’s being said about you online.”
Dustin discusses tips for content marketing and reputation management within your social media strategy:
- Utilize the correct review sites. Google yourself! No, really – it’s a great way to find the directories that you’ve been rated on and to zero in on what you find important and relevant.
- Don’t ignore Facebook. While now Facebook reviews may not be driving customers your way, it’s a sleeping giant. We may see this trend turn around within the next year, so keep an eye on Facebook changes and evolve with it.
- Focus on review generation. Blogging and content marketing has its time and place, but many social media teams are overlooking review generation. While content is powerful, don’t drop the ball on your review strategy!
- Be active. Outside of major verticals (hotels, restaurants, etc), high-traffic businesses tend to be more aware of their online reviews. Plumbers, service-based business, and small companies tend to focus on their business as opposed to reviews. Try to allot resources, even if you’re a mom-n-pop joint, to review strategies.
- B2B companies can benefit more. B2B companies may have a smaller sample of people and may know their customers better. Thus, they may be able to gain more reviews from a smaller sample. Just because people don’t come to the location doesn’t mean the customer isn’t Google’ing reviews.
- Be aware. With a variety of free tools to track reviews and comments on social media, there’s really no excuse to not being aware of what’s being said about you. Respond and interact with reviews to show that you like to engage with customers!
About Dustin DeTorres
Hailing from Orlando, FL, Dustin’s life passion is social media marketing. While he operates out of Orlando, his company is labeled ‘hyper-local’, and he’s willing to work with just about anyone with a need for improving their reputation. Give him a call if you’re in the area, and he’d love to grab a coffee and discuss your plans.
Get this podcast:
- Download this episode (5.32Mb, 23:03)
- Subscribe to the FIR Presents AMP Up Your Social Media RSS feed
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Get the FIR app for your mobile device - iPhone | Android | Windows
Tweet about the show using #AUYSM or Tweet at us @AMPUpSocial. AMP Up Your Social Media is a proud member of the FIR Podcast Network.
Share your comments or questions about this podcast, or suggestions for future podcasts, in the online FIR Podcast Community on Google+.
Check the FIR website for information about other FIR podcasts. To receive all podcasts in the FIR Podcast Network, subscribe to the “everything” RSS feed.
AMP UP Your Social Media is sponsored by:
- GaggleAMP - Empower your employees, partners and resellers to amplify your social media.
- SafeLinks - Know when your links on social media messages fail before you lose out on the people clicking on them.
The FIR Podcast Network is brought to you with Lawrence Ragan Communications, serving communicators worldwide.